In December 2014, the company was converted from a private limited company to a public limited company, and was renamed as ‘Aditya Birla Financial Services Limited’.
During past one decade since its incorporation, the Company has come a long way to become one of the largest financial services players in India. Year 2017 marks a milestone, with the Company becoming a pure play listed holding company of all the financial services businesses of the Aditya Birla Group.
To mark this new phase in its journey, and in line with its new unified brand identity, the Company was rechristened as ‘Aditya Birla Capital Limited’ in June 2017. The synopsis of its journey over past 10 years from 2007-2017 is as follows:
- From 5 business lines to a well diversified portfolio of 12 business lines
- Aggregate AUM1 has grown 10 times to Rs. 2,463 billion
- Lending book (including Housing Finance) has grown 65 times to Rs. 388 billion
- Aggregate2 revenues have grown 6 times to Rs. 106 billion
- From Investment phase to aggregate2 earnings before tax of Rs. 11.5 billion
Aditya Birla Capital is a part of the Aditya Birla Group, a USD 40 billion Indian multinational in the league of Fortune 500. Anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees, belonging to 42 nationalities, the Aditya Birla Group operates in 36 countries across the globe. About 50 percent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations. For more information on the Aditya Birla Group, please visit www.adityabirla.com.
- Includes AUM of Life & Health Insurance, Private Equity & quarterly average AUM of Asset Management businesses
- Represents summation of 100% of the IGAAP financials of subsidiaries/JVs, before inter-company eliminations or minority interest